[Bf-committers] IRC meeting minutes, October 30 2005

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 30 17:46:34 CET 2005

Hi,

1) 2.40 & Google SOC feature freeze

As discussed last week, we now have to make the final targets for 2.40.
Which means some of the Google projects might not make it in 2.40, but
2.41 or so. :)

- ffmpg; Alexander will give it a try (for Linux only then), but he
thinks this is better to do later

- Booleans made it, but requires more tests and fixes.
This might be the integration with Modifiers.... hope Daniel like to
check the code? To summarize:

a) New booleans library freezes sometimes, maybe wrong normals. Marc
needs to fix
b) Modifiers have potential bug that makes boolean modifier freeze
independantly of booleans lib
c) Normal booleans interface (for Wkey 123 entries) is broken anyway
and has been so for weeks. Active object's faces get deleted (but
object stays), memory corruption or unfreed dupli_alloc memory.

- Pytexture module
Current status is unclear... can Tim tell if this is now really
finished? Or is it for 2.41?
My suggestion would be to wait with it then...

2) 2.40 current projects

- Animation recode project goes to an end... just 2 more major features!
   Will need to upgrade the regression suite...

- I then will move to assist Matt with Tuho UI migration

- Particle patch is also pending... (2 of them even). Not sure if this
can make it in 2.40, I do my best.

- Python API work: Mathutils testing, Bone API upgrade, depsgraph
support.

- Tom M volunteers to help going over CVS logs to finalize release logs

3) 2.30 alpha2 testbuild

Tuesday nov 1 we can do a one day freeze, so Jean-Luc, DJ Capelis,
Simon and I can make testbuilds. DJ needs to confirm he is available
still...

Thanks!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org