blender data model (Re: py drawing to 3dview (Re: [Bf-committers] User-defined Material Properties))

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Mon Oct 24 14:23:03 CEST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 13:03, antont at kyperjokki.fi wrote:
> then in 'project green' (so not quite Olive :) the plan is to start
> implementing such a new datamodel in Python - i.e. port the sdna to Python

started that a little as a fun recreation thing on Friday at home,
that first sketch is http://www.blender.org/~antont/blender.blend which just
includes:
http://www.blender.org/~antont/green/blender.py - port of SDNA (just data)
http://www.blender.org/~antont/green/modifier.py - current mods as classes
http://www.blender.org/~antont/green/application.py - Creator, replaces G.

(Blender itself was the nicest Python IDE i could find on Andy's computer so
that's why made it in a blend (using WordPad to read the c sources..))

> instead. the idea is to continue using as much of the existing C code as
> possible, to have the change done quickly (like in a couple of months).

did not (yet) look into getting anything to actually work, like making some
Blender functions to use data, but perhaps at some point (i wonder if i
should start from the blend loader to get the app populated or what :o)

> i think i will use like ~0.5% of my time here at Orange to start Green
> slowly (doing the thinking when being at home and drawing something to my

and now the time for this week is used!

> ~Toni

same.