[Bf-committers] Blender conference follow-ups

Yehoshua Sapir yasapir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:02:42 CEST 2005

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Finally had time to collect all notes I made during the conference,
> it's an article on the blender.org frontpage:
>
> http://www.blender.org/cms/Newsitem.607+M55216e564b2.0.html

I would like to note that I've started coding an exporter for Blender
materials to Renderman Shading Language. My work is in CVS under the
"guiman" project (as Exports/rmat-v3.py) To work, it requires a patch I
wrote for the Python API
(https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2869&group_id=9&atid=127).
(Some things might also have to be commented out because they depend on
temporary changes I made to my copy of the source.) Support for
ColorBands in the Python API will be necessary to continue working on
it, and support for TIFF images in Blender would be helpful, as it seems
Renderman renderers mostly use the TIFF format. I may be able to
contribute for the ColorBands support, but I'm not sure.

In addition, I once started coding Aqsis support for Tuhopuu3. I simply
ignored the Blender VlakRen mechanisms and copied NMesh code from the
Python API to get mesh data for display. I even had motion blur that
way. :) Though I suppose that if you're creating a general renderer API,
you know what you're doing better than I do... :)