[Bf-committers] [Fwd: Re: Keyblocks and IpoCurves]

Johnny Matthews johnny.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 18:10:11 CEST 2005

Here is a little exchange between Ton and I about how shape keys relate
to IPO curves if you are interested...

Hi,

The keyblocks are in struct Key, there's the Ipo too. You can enforce a
creation (or return existing) of ipoCurve with the call

src/editipo.c:
IpoCurve *verify_ipocurve(ID *from, short blocktype, char *actname, char
*constname, int adrcode)

The four arguments denote the full 'context', so it will go fine in all
current new methods, this call also creates an Ipo, if not already exists.

In your case, for shapes, the arguments should be

icu= verify_ipocurve(&key->id, ID_KE, NULL, NULL, channel_nr)

key= is the Key pointer
ID_KE = is the type of Ipo (can differ from type of ID, for actions)
channel_nr = is an index to the current shape you want to control. Zero
is the first channel (unused for relative Shape keys)

I will add Actions for shapes too, in that case you have to make the
first argument to become the pointer to the Action struct ID, and give
the call an action channel name.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org http://www.blender.org