py drawing to 3dview (Re: [Bf-committers] User-defined Material Properties)

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Oct 19 04:33:54 CEST 2005

Hi Greg, as Tom M pointed out- very little effort is going into the game
engine at the moment,

About blenders design- okay, your a good C++ programmer who can see
blenders internals and see how they could be a lot better.

There are probably many many badly designed things in this world,
WindowsXP to start with, (I heared somebody look into SGI Irix source
code and say the same thing), governments, corruption,  reasons behind
war...
If you knew all the crap that goes on behind the scenes, and understood
it all, I'm sure you'd tear all your hair out with frustration.

The fact is that blender is in most cases fast, stable and doesn't break
compatibility, it has a fairly stable and powerfull python plugin API..
fairly big improvements are being made to fix design in spesific areas
too. so its not a lost cause.

If you took a peek at WinXP source code and found it was badly designed,
you wouldent say- "I wont put my job on the line be recommending WindowsXP"

You yourself sited 3dsMax as being badly designed, Im not saying bad
design is good, just that imperfect design can be acceptable until
something better comes along.

Also- theres nothing stopping you from adding material/datablock
properties which is what you want in the first place isn't it??

Will you continue with your OpenFlight import export?

- Cam