[Bf-committers] Re: [Crystalblend-main] First attempt at a design for the new CrystalBlend UI

Patrick Mullen saluk64007 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:45:45 CEST 2005

I think it looks very promising.  Now, if you make state a special
prop, call triggers sensors, call rewards actuators, and put
controllers back in there, then the actual modification to the
underlying system (both in terms of code and in terms of users) is
very small.

Actually, the change to make quests (in other words, logic brick
setups, but I like having a special term for it) be a datablock of
their own which objects can share (just like meshes and animations)
would go a LONG way to making the current system better.  It's one of
the main issues we have, if you have a lot of objects which share
logic bricks, and you change logic later, you have to remember which
objects to copy it over to.

If that system could be implemented before the full state
machine/crystalblend, many users would be very very happy.

I wonder how much memory would be saved if logic brick setups could be reuesed?