[Bf-committers] Re: [Crystalblend-main] Crystal Space, CrystalBlend, GameEngine: Discussion and Plans

antont at kyperjokki.fi antont at kyperjokki.fi
Mon Oct 17 20:50:57 CEST 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 20:34, Greg MacDonald wrote:
> reality where I am king of the universe, Blender would have a database
> written using generalized base classes where my generalized properties

i've been sketching a new blender data model (a port of the current sdna) a
little.

>  Along those same lines, if all of Blender's structures were fully
> extensible, and there existed a powerful 3D plug-in architecture, then a

am not totally sure what those mean exactly.

> game engine could actually be implemented as a seperate project. And if
> someone wanted to make a different one, they could do so.

sure.

>  Aside from being a collosal effort, is there a reason this can't happen?
> Legacy code?

i don't see why not. there are no legacy problems - everything is
theoretically possible to change.

but at least the way i see it, my bet is that this won't happen soon (like
this year). regarding my ideas for it, i also have to be careful with focus,
that is won't put time into that project before Elephants Dream is done (in
March). then again this is just me, perhaps other people can pull of great
things before that, and (even though this cant be a high priority for him
either) perhaps Ton can do something to provide .. something.

>  -Greg

~Toni