[Bf-committers] Re: User-defined Material Properties

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sat Oct 15 01:39:16 CEST 2005

Hi,
gtmacdonald at gmail.com (2005-10-14 at 1139.42 -0500):
> Hi everyone,
>  Is there a reason all the panels are the same width and height in the

They are not, so dunno what do you refer to. In theory they are fixed
to allow vertical and horizontal layouts. In practice they are not so
bad things happen, like things going out of view (particles in
vertical mode or modifier in horizontal mode are the examples I
remember without looking).

> buttons window? If not, do you think it would be a problem to allow a python
> script to define a really huge panel if they wanted? Panels of different
> sizes seem to stack okay...

If you think "changing size depending which one is in front" is
okay... I just tried and tabbing particles and one of the others gives
a resizing panel that manages to cover next when big or leave a hole
when small. Clicking one of the other panels make all them rearrange,
but even if that was done at the tabbing instant, it is bad interface
from an user point of view.

GSR