[Bf-committers] User-defined Material Properties

Greg MacDonald gtmacdonald at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:42:53 CEST 2005

Hi Willian,

That's why I mentioned xml (or any custom format to describe guis), I
> was answering your question. Even if there's need for more control to
> create gui layouts, there'd be no need to expose general properties gui
> creation to BPython if say xml was used and parsed directly by Blender.
>
> Using BPython, though, seems better to me (of course I'm biased...:) ).
> Python is easy, powerful at parsing, it can be used to write gui builder
> scripts, there'd be no need for a custom xml or whatever format, etc.

It seems we're in agreement then. :) I wasn't challenging your idea, I was
just wondering what the benefits to it were. I think BPython is better
because it has control structures. I'm sorry if I came off snippy.

Ton wants limited gui control exposed, so that the interface remains clean.
So the big questions that remain in my head are the resizing issues I spoke
of earlier. How do you go about placing n number of buttons inside a panel
and do it cleanly? Do we allow limited formatting capablities like rows and
columns, grouping things into panels?

-Greg