[Bf-committers] User-defined Material Properties

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Thu Oct 13 20:02:54 CEST 2005

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Afaik there's already a property API (game engine only?). Nevertheless,
> this should be the last step, when the full design is verified.

BPython has it, too. Joseph Gilbert added access to object properties.

> Well, if Python should become an important means of creating custom
> menus/panels, we should look at a really good generic method for doing
> this. I know Willian has looked into this before... it's a difficult
> project, and I rather keep that separate.

Joseph, again :), my interest was more generic. He had a patch to create
custom 3d view panels via BPython.

No worries about the Python side, there should be no trouble wrapping
whatever gets implemented, both for properties and access to ui.

BTW, to add to the importance of this project: PyTex and Python
modifiers also need some way to define guis, not to mention other
scripts that can benefit from this sort of interface.

--
Willian