[Bf-committers] User-defined Material Properties

Greg MacDonald gtmacdonald at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:35:57 CEST 2005

> Hi Grag, the way I see it- adding a linked list of properties to the ID
> struct is a good way to start.
> These properties could be string, int, float, vector? and parent, where
> parents can hold a subdir of properties.

That's a good idea. Ideally properties should be in a base class, and the ID
struct is the closest thing blender has to it. If its in the ID struct any
future objects will have properties automatically. Can anyone think of a
reason not to do it this way?

I like Ton's idea of assigning categories to properties. Maya doesn't have
that ability.

I was thinking of just doing basic types for now. Later it can be extended
to let the users define their own types.

Since Greg is keen to work on this,
> Can we make 1,2,3 a milestone, only if it meets the bf-commiters
> standards of course.

I just need some more suggestions or a green light from someone who's been
around for a while to feel comfortable enough to get started.

-Greg