[Bf-committers] Fraunhofer developed OpenGL Remote Desktop

antont at kyperjokki.fi antont at kyperjokki.fi
Wed Oct 12 13:09:10 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 11:52, Luigi Monaco wrote:
> I just read @ golem.de http://golem.de/0510/40964.html that the
> Fraunhofer insitute did a OpenGL remote Desktop software. I thought,

what does it do?

x11 does already support networking, with opengl acceleration. has come in
handy when have had to present an a small laptop with little memory, to be
able to run e.g. opengl game engines in another machine (hundreds of meters
away in a 100M network :), but use the laptops gpu.

> Combining it with some VoIP client and a master controller giving the
> rights to a 'presenter' collaborative development of e.g. an open source
> film could be done. What do you think?

verse is also made with collaboration in mind, and perhaps data sharing is
better for that than remote desktopping?

> Luigi

~Toni