[Bf-committers] Re: Pre-release freeze! Use bullet AND sumo ?

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Tue Oct 11 20:40:23 CEST 2005

USE_BULLET and USE_SUMO_SOLID are defined in KX_ConvertPhysicsObject.h:

/* These are defined by the build system... */
#define USE_SUMO_SOLID
//#define USE_ODE

//on visual studio 7/8, always enable BULLET for now
//you can have multiple physics engines running anyway, and
//the scons build system doesn't really support this at the moment.
//if you got troubles, just comment out USE_BULLET
#if 1300 <= _MSC_VER
#define USE_BULLET
#endif

It would nicer if we removed this and allowed the preprocessor define to
go into the build system. That way I can just add USE_BULLET and/or
USE_SUMO_SOLID to the projectfile . Just an idea :)

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of
blender at erwincoumans.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:09 PM
To: bf-blender developers
Subject: [Bf-committers] Re: Pre-release freeze! Use bullet AND sumo ?

Hi,

It would be great if we can release Bullet in the coming release, even
though is is preliminary. It can co-exist with SUMO/Solid etc. I can
provide
some demo/tutorial for a 2.4 release. I haven't had the time for a
couple of
weeks, because I made a move from London to California. However I hope
continue some Blender/Bullet development soon.

I propose a small change in projectfiles, Makfiles and SCons files.
Basically removing all use_bullet / NAN_USE_BULLET, and always use
bullet if
the gameengine used.

Can someone help with this ?

Thanks,
Erwin

PS: I think that either the Makefile or Scons might be setup at the
moment
that USE_SUMO_SOLID and NAN_USE_BULLET are mutual exclusive, and this
prevents to release both at the same time...