[Bf-committers] some notes about new armatures

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Tue Oct 11 20:11:27 CEST 2005

Le 11 oct. 05 à 14:29, Ton Roosendaal a écrit :

>> On Solidworks, there is a nice UI thing where, when you enter in a
>> selection box in the
>> button area, you can click on a object in the 3D view to add it to
>> selection box. Certainly
>> beat  typing names, and would be nice to have in blender.
>>

> I rather have it non-modal. For example, Blender could really use a
> generic copy/paste buffer system, which stores entire contextes of
> selections.
> For example; a copy on active object and paste in name button will
> automatically detect you mean a name paste in the button. (I guess
> that's a "Selection Box", a term I dont know...)

Hmm. although Solidworks is always in a modeless modal state ( hard
to describe, one tool is always active, and you make settings before
applying, but not real modal as you can do other stuff), this
particular feature is not modal at all.

How it could works in blender :

- shift-click in textarea allowing input like bone-name. it becomes
highlighted and you can type as usual
- if you then right-click on a bone, that bone name is transfered to
the box and you go outside textarea edit . selection state of the 3D
view is *NOT* changed
- if you click anything else you go outside textarea edit as you can
expect.

No Mode, no loss when compared to actual solution. but very
convenient eg for constraints

lukep