[Bf-committers] current CVS test suite on Os X tiger (+Windows)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Oct 11 14:41:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

> 1. CtrlObject.blend: On Layer 2 not all parts move (confirms the
> finding below)

I  will have to redo this... the fact this worked was actually using a
bug in the displaylist system, solved with DerivedMesh and Modifiers
now.

> 2. displace.blend: Displacement in the image looks inverted. runs ok
> with 2.37a

Grmble... the convention for flipping normals has changed. Blender used
to render mixed normals nicely, but that feature is impossible to
maintain with subdivision surfaces.
Since artists were already keeping track of normals in editing, Daniel
thought it would be more sane to drop the automatic conversion from
display, that way you notice errors early.

I can check on how to make it backwards compatible though.

> 3. glass.blend: highlights on the opening (inside of the back side)
> don't show
> on F12

More problems, the normals are flipped around in the model, it looks
very weird in 3d window.
Why the hilight changes I will test.

> 4. Raptor_radio_ray_env.blend: warning confirmed

Yes, this is because the old IK was removed entirely, file needs
re-saved.

> 5. refract_monkey.blend: image is different. (refraction of the eye
> above
> instead below the eye. Nose is different too. (lukep confimed that
> this was a
> bug in 2.37 that was removed, so this is just a reminder that the
> reference
> image in the testsuite should be updated.)

Always hard eh, to fix things and keep them identical! :)

Thanks,

-Ton-