[Bf-committers] User-defined Material Properties

Greg MacDonald gtmacdonald at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 04:53:50 CEST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm writing an io script for openflight, which has a lot of fields blender
doesn't. I was going to extend the structures in the code myself, and was
halfway through doing so when Campbell talked me out of it. Which is good...
:)

Most of the extra fields work nicely as object properties, but I've found
that it would also be useful to place properties on materials as well. If I
code this up and add a ui panel off of the material shading context to
display and edit properties, what are the chances this would make it into
the main tree?

Or would attaching properties to any data block be more useful? Or even
feasible?

-Greg