[Bf-committers] sharpconstruct - zbrush imitator

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 07:01:40 CEST 2005

Anyone with C++ skills had a look at sharpconstruct?

http://sharp3d.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://sharp3d.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Manual_for_SharpConstruct

The codebase is fairly small and is under the GPL - it currently only
builds on linux (I don't see anything that would give it heavy linux
dependency)

It does use assembly for speed in some places but I believe there are
non assembly versions of the functions as well.

It's tools are definitely more robust than my and Michael Schardts
sculptmesh (has mirroring on all three axis, can do painting and
sculpting at same time, brushes can do smoothing, etc).  Any opinions
as to how difficult/easy it would be to port the it to Blender?

LetterRip