[Bf-committers] unwrapping on subsurfed meshes

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:05:44 CEST 2005

> the only way I can see to cram the problems into the texture mapping
> instead of the modeling is to let the artist define how the texture
> coordinates are interoplated across the face.

More likely solution is have subdiv surface interpolate uv coords
'correctly' when subdivided.  I think the update to modos 'SDS smooth
uv interpolation' was to address a similar issue in modo.  A quick
search of the literature didn't have anything that jumped out at me as
the right solution though.

LetterRip