[Bf-committers] T3 UI migration

Johnny Matthews johnny.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 03:34:31 CET 2005

On 11/25/05, trip somewhere <trip0o at gmail.com> wrote:

> not to nag, but who is going to 'do' this new interface? I take it
> Orange will be a great hand in the flow of it. And that you and others
> kinda shy away from listening to users constant proposals ideas, or
> otherwise rants. But users should have some sort of say in the new
> design. It is after all users that will be useing the app. :D

I think user input is taken seriously to a point. Just because you are an
artist, does not mean you can design a better paintbrush. If the "users" of
my network had their way, we would not have usernames/passwords, they would
all share 1 folder on the network where everyone put all their documents and
they would never have to log off their computers. So yes sometimes the
people behind the scenes have to ignore a certain level of "user" input.

also, Last time I checked, open source != democracy

Of course no design is perfect, but please make it smart and use some
> snytax that does not take trips to the dictionary to find out what the
> hell a button means and for that matter does.

Its comments like this that make people ignore your suggestions... You are
implying that without you making this comment that Matt and Ton would have
put together a new UI that was not only imperfect, but stupidly put
together. Thanks for saving blender from those guys!

Johnny

> On 11/24/05, Erwan JACQ <eon.2005 at free.fr> wrote:
> > Will the "soon old" ui translation patches be commited however? (patches
> > 2888,2889,3294)
> >
> > Forgive me if it is a silly question, i'm new to software development.

Johnny Matthews
johnny.matthews at gmail.com