[Bf-committers] Re: CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BIF_toolbox.h blendef.h interface.h blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_userdef_types.h blender/source/blender/src editnla.c headerbuttons.c interface.c space.c toolbox.c usiblender.c

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Nov 24 16:37:58 CET 2005

Hi,
ton at blender.org (2005-11-19 at 1616.34 +0100):
>   I can imagine the order flipping is sometimes annoying, but it still has
>   reasons to be there;
[...]

And reasons to not be there:

- Distance is really interesting for 0 (under cursor) or infinite
  (edges) otherwise it quickly loses to muscle memory and block
  concept, as this does not require serious thinking (reading). Any
  items that go in groups of two or three are easy to target as you
  aim at the block, then inside it by relative position.

- Global (single) consistence is better than having "bi-global". Menu
  kind A is always A instead of having personalities A1 and A2. Arrow
  key navigation simplifies too.

- Allows explicit layout of items, so a visual scan retrieves the
  information as the designer put it (example Save then Save as).

So if you say it has to be fixed for all flippings, I agree. The idea
of plain menus was that, plain, no magic conditions ever, they are
always the same menus.

GSR