[Bf-committers] Some words about a strange thing named "coding-rules"

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Nov 24 16:26:32 CET 2005

Hi,

All our current platforms crash Blender nicely on referencing a NULL
pointer. I've not heard of OS's crashing for it. How Morphos does this
I don't know...

I do realize that every routine in Blender should not fail on mallocs,
but this is very painful coding for more complex areas (like render
system). Typically, a system already has been swapped totally unusable
before it starts returning NULLs, and a user already killed Blender. :)

-Ton-