[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] libtiff comments

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Wed Nov 23 02:56:10 CET 2005

Le 22 nov. 05 à 21:20, Kent Mein a écrit :

>> You can get libtiff from here if you don't have it:
>> ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/libtiff/
>>

> If you don't want to download it, and your platform maintainer
> hasn't installed libtiff yet in the lib cvs,
> you can pont NAN_TIFF at the solaris version, all it needs is the
> headers.

This commit make me rise some remarks :

- make build works now for Os X.
- Scons build is broken. it is also official build system.

- When ran, this spew no less than 6 "dyld: image not found" error
messages
on console when lib is not found, + 3 other lines. This may be a bit
too much.

-This library is huge (744 Ko) so making it optional is good. Now,
for unix
users, it is ok as they are used to add libs in their system.

But for windows and Os X users, this is not a thing they  are used to
do. So
will we have to furnish this lib as additional download ?

I dont remember this was discussed earlier. This will also certainly
make
endless threads on elysium and pbo about the missing lib (remember the
  python venture before and even after we changed the "site" warning).

Finally what features this gives that are not available via quicktime ?

lukep