SV: [Bf-committers] KKEY mode not available for posemode - why?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 20 14:25:18 CET 2005

Hi,

Of course I thought of it, and if it was so easy as it sounds it would
have been coded ages ago! You should see the IpoKey code to see the
impact for such a feature.

On top of that there's a big problem because Armatures consist of
hierarchies of bones, each with potentially differently timed Ipos.
Showing all "Ipo Keys" for a given selection then is quite a nightmare.
And, even when it only shows the Ipo Keys for a single Bone, you
typically animate Bones with rotations only, which will clutter the
view quite some. For Object animations that works quite better, since
most of the times you have translations included in the keys.

The Ghosting feature I've added just because it was on the wishlist for
long, and seems to be of some use in some occasions.. like the path
option. Both features are very limited. It would become much more
interesting if you can use the ghosts or paths to inverse edit the keys
yes. But... that's a really hard thing todo, again because of the
hierarchical nature of Armatures.

-Ton-