[Bf-committers] Python Effect.c bug

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Nov 19 12:38:02 CET 2005

Hi,

In function:

PyObject *M_Effect_New( PyObject * self, PyObject * args )

the pointer BPy_Effect *pyeffect is being used without being set. This
can only give crashes... so I wonder if really nobody cares about the
useful warning messages you get? :)

What we really need is to make a unified/compatible warning level for
all our make systems. And especially for Scons: add a (default!) option
to not print the full gcc lines, but only a very nice single liner, so
you notice while compiling immediately what gcc thinks of it.

Example, this is what 'make' prints for me with NAN_QUIET set, in
python directory:

  -- Armature.c --
  -- Blender.c --
  -- Draw.c --
  -- Effect.c --
Effect.c: In function `M_Effect_New':
Effect.c:542: warning: `pyeffect' might be used uninitialized in this
function
Effect.c: In function `M_Effect_Get':
Effect.c:587: warning: unused variable `wanted_eff'
  -- Key.c --
  -- Lattice.c --
  -- Mesh.c --
  -- NMesh.c --