[Bf-committers] rest spring length for new softbody objects

some Wund bjornmose at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 14:52:12 CET 2005

(Goal)Position at Start of frame,  at End of frame , linear interpolated in
Time. The solver needs to take smaller time steps than one frame.
Calulating goal spring forces uses the interpolated positions.

> - You added a pointer to "rcs" to several calls, it seems to be for
> edge calculus, but why?

I did not want to throw away the default calculation, before this discussion
was finished so i used "rcs" to signal if springs are already calculated or
"default" should do it.

> We could better define that for each call to "remake softbody", the
> spring lengths should be set OK, and not leave this to some later
> stage... otherwise we don't know for sure the original edge sizes.
>
> I got confused a bit here, the lattice code you added makes springs,
> initializes them, but doesn't set the spring length (which is a
> constant even!). The Mesh code does set spring lengths however.

It all was there once *sigh*

Revision : 1.44