[Bf-committers] Interesting cycle

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 20:03:58 CET 2005

Hi,

--- Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> This bugreport had a forcefield, vertexparented to a
> softbody.
> Caused a very interesting eternal loop, but only
> when the forcefield
> had a frame offset. For those who like to study
> Blender internals, a
> nice cycle :)

Forcefields affect softbodies, right?
In that case, shouldn't it cancel the cycle at the
vertex parenting call (or when the forcefield effect
is toggle), like when you try doing a parent cycle?
It's even worse then that, because forcefields effect
is based on layer, so the system can't say it's not a
cycle if they aren't on the same layer, since that can
change. (my head is starting to hurt now, so I'll stop
there and won't toss time offsets in the mix).
(Arguably, the whole "effect based on layer" thing
should really be drop, IMHO, while it's simple to
implement, it's problematic for sharing forcefields
between different softbodies/particles system and all)

You're right, very nice exemple of the work we still
need to do in the internals. :)

Martin