[Bf-committers] Particle questions

Janne Karhu janne.karhu at palvelut.net
Wed Nov 16 06:47:07 CET 2005

> * is there any reason why the textures (and materials) don't clamp the
> same?

Some mixups from me and some from different coding times so no, atleast I
don't see
any reason for this (Ton you'll fix?)..

> * is there any way to "disable" speedtex?  There's this check in effect.c:
>     if(paf->speedtex)
>        mtexmove= ma->mtex[paf->speedtex-1];
>   but I can't see where speedtex can be set to 0

It can't be actually set to zero anywhere, but if I remember correctly the
"if" was a
safety for old blender files which didn't have the speedtex variable so it
was set to zero,
but I covered that with sdna conversion later (iirc again, otherwise I
really should have).

Hope this helps.

Janne