[Bf-committers] Auto-IK thoughts and ideas

Johnny Matthews johnny.matthews at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 02:54:54 CET 2005

Ton, et al,

I had an idea while playing with auto-ik. I noticed that if I have auto IK
on and have an IK chain already set up with a target bone, the target bone
tries to act like a 1 bone ik chain. So I thought of 2 solutions...

1. If a bone is a target of an IK chain, it will not start an auto-IK grab
2. Ctrl-G gives opposite grab, so if you are in auto-ik mode and CTRL-G a
bone you get non-auto-ik grab and
if you are not in auto-ik mode, ctrl-G gives you an auto-ik grab.

Thoughts?

--
Johnny Matthews
johnny.matthews at gmail.com