[Bf-committers] Camera data corruption?

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Nov 9 03:08:23 CET 2005

Hi Bf'ers
Was wokring on a project where I had multiple cameras, Noticed that
Alt+D makes a duplicate of the data. when it should re-use the data.

Also added propertoes to the camera, not sure if that changes anything.

Anyhow On reloading I got the error.
LIB ERROR: base removed

And half of my objects in that scene compleatly removed... not even in
their data in the databrowser.
loosing an afternoons work since all the previous revisions saved had
the problem too. I didnt try loading them.
(blame self for using CVS build)

Anyway. I started the project again and was extra carefull not use use
undo and to do normal duplicates incase Alt+C was buggy, just manualy
relinking the data.

Anyhow, I had worked on my scene for 2/4 hours before adding cameras and
5 min after adding them I have the bug in loading the scene resulting in
loss of most of the meshes and all the cameras.

Was able to workaround by duplicationg in the blender that had not
reloaded the coppupt data and resaving, list bases only messed up for
the original non duplated data.

But it seems theres a bug in that adding cameras messes up the data.

- Cambo

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street