[Bf-committers] Re: Blender "lens" - Historic questions?

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Nov 6 02:16:54 CET 2005

Hi,
j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au (2005-11-06 at 0110.45 +1100):
> actual exposed area of 35mm film is supposedly 36mm x 24mm.  Using this

When the film is used for motion pictures, the area covered is other
(due being rotated 90 and audio tracks). Also take into account that
in some formats the image is squeezed.

You are looking for a 16mm, that is ~0.63 inches. The smaller side in
academy apertures match more or less (a bit short for camera), based
in: http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/filmdims.htm

Just a suggestion, so you see there are more than one way to use 35mm
wide film, as I did not took into account the rotation or x2
factor. :] The 36 vs 32 could be a cropping issue too.

What I am sure is that the old book says the value is derived (but not
how) from a photo camera, with 120 being tele, 50 being normal and 28
being wide.

GSR