[Bf-committers] Softbody volume/pressure patch

Nicholas Guttenberg nichg at guava.physics.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 5 10:14:29 CET 2005

There's a missing line in the patch I submitted for volume preservation in softbodies. It causes any mesh with volume stiffness > 0 to collapse in. The reason is, it isn't setting the equilibrium volume when softbodies are reset. The solution is:

In blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/softbody.c (line 1427 on mine)

There is a line:

  ob->softflag &= ~OB_SB_RESET;

Before that, this line should be inserted:

  sb->eqvolume=softbody_get_volume(ob);

It doesn't seem that my patch is on the cvs yet, but it seems it's in one of the windows builds?

Nicholas Guttenberg