[Bf-committers] Patch -- Numbering of pop-up menu items

Matthew H. Plough mplough at Princeton.EDU
Fri Nov 4 16:56:33 CET 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 06:36 AM, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> Thanks for submitting (another) patch for this functionality,
> however I
> have the following problems with it:
>
> 1) I don't particularly like how it displays the numbers as part of
> the
>    normal menu entry text - that looks a bit untidy
>
>    ( http://pub.intrr.org/numbersm.png )

I put it over there so it would be obviously a keyboard shortcut;
that's how it's done for all other keyboard shortcuts in Blender.
It's a subtle hint for those who don't know you can push W-5 and have
something happen; I knew practically all the shortcuts, but I didn't
know that could happen.  It's something that would make a fast
workflow faster for people.

> 2) It crashes the second time I call up a menu

I've addressed this; the patch no longer crashes -- it was bad usage
of MEM_mallocN.  I didn't see it; I'm on a Mac and they're a bit
permissive with memory (patch is still at http://www.princeton.edu/
~mplough/files/interface_patch ).

> If the whole idea is still acceptable with bf, I can submit the
> original iblender pupmenu code today in the afternoon.

I wouldn't say this is a done deal at this point -- some discussion
would be nice.

Matt