[Bf-committers] New 'merge tools' patch submitted to the patch tracker.

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Nov 4 13:14:27 CET 2005

I haven't looked at or tried the patch, but from the looks of your
doc, this looks excellent! We were bitching earlier about how the
merge tool isn't 'context sensitive' enough, and this patch looks
like it makes the merge tool pretty much 'just work'.

Just a small comment: It would feel nicer if it seemed like rather
than a bunch of different functions, it's just the one merge tool,
just doing what it should in the various contexts. Maybe it's as
simple as just using the same terminology, so in the merge menu you'd
have 'Merge Vertices', 'Merge Edges' and 'Merge Faces' rather than
collapse. I'd even be willing to suggest that the 'Merge Edges' and
'Merge Faces' be the default options in their respective modes.

But anyway, nice one!

Matt