[Bf-committers] Patch -- Numbering of pop-up menu items

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Nov 4 12:36:00 CET 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Matthew H. Plough wrote:

> Hi all --
>
> Last night on #blendercoders, I was talking with MrNightmare and Briggs about
> numbering menu entries.  It would be annoying to number every single menu
> entry manually, so I decided to write up some code that would do so
> dynamically.
>
> The result: A few changes to pupmenu() resulted in a patch at http://
> www.princeton.edu/~mplough/files/interface_patch .  It does not number

Hi,

Your idea is not new and I have discussed it (and submitted the
necessary code from instinctive-blender, which had the feature for
years) various times on #blendercoders.

See old screenshot: http://pub.intrr.org/numbers3.png

Thanks for submitting (another) patch for this functionality, however I
have the following problems with it:

1) I don't particularly like how it displays the numbers as part of the
    normal menu entry text - that looks a bit untidy

    ( http://pub.intrr.org/numbersm.png )

2) It crashes the second time I call up a menu

Memoryblock shortcut_strs: end corrupt
Memoryblock shortcut_strs: end corrupt
Memoryblock (null): Additional error in header
Memoryblock Additional error in header: is also corrupt
Memoryblock free: pointer not in memlist
Segmentation fault

If the whole idea is still acceptable with bf, I can submit the
original iblender pupmenu code today in the afternoon.