[Bf-committers] Blender Hackers Guide

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 05:46:07 CET 2005

Hi,

a number of months back someone had stated a plan to write
documentation on a guide to Blender from a developers perspective.
Has that progressed at all?

If not (or even if so) perhaps we should just starting putting things
onto the wiki and they can be organized later?

We currently have documentation in the following places

A basic guide to compiling the source in the Manual (very incomplete
and out of date)

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/PartI/Compiling_the_sources

Assorted links located here

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Documentation.628.0.html

Assorted bits of code base documentation here

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev

And assorted locations for Blender Python developer documentation

Also cambo has started a wiki on Blender python tips and tricks.

If agreed, I suggest we use

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Hackers_Guide

as a starting point.

LetterRip