[Bf-committers] Bug: Objects lose scene reference because of Auto-track constraint

Fabrizio Cali ilac at maltanet.net
Mon May 23 10:43:45 CEST 2005

nb. Sending it to the mail-list because the bug tracker refuses to let me
log in or even just submit with my email. Maybe someone can put this in
the tracker? None of the current reports seem to be related. Thanks

The Bug:

Get any 2 objects, eg. empties and have them auto-track EACH OTHER (ie.
both objects have a constraint to point at the other) with 'Ctrl-T'. The
instant you set the second contraint the objects dissapear. (If they
don't, save and re-open the file and they would have dissapeared. This
happens when you set the constraint in the constraint panel rather than
via ctrl-T)

Any objects parented to any of these objects lose there scene reference too.

Objects with such set-ups from files created in 2.36 and older also
dissapear when opened in the current cvs blender.

By scene reference - I mean the data is still within the file but not
linked to a scene. You can verify this by going into the OOPS window and
the data blocks will all still be there but not liked to the scene. Data
does not dissapear on re-load as it still has a 'user'.

Blender: Gabio's current window builds for 2.37 release(May 20th & 15th)
OS: WinXP Home and Pro
Video: Geforce Ti4400

Rgds,
Fabrizio