scripts added, was: [Bf-committers] Meeting Summary Sunday May 15th

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue May 17 09:52:18 CEST 2005

Tom M wrote:

>2)Scripts
>-------BPY team will evaluate submitted scripts for possible inclusion
>in 2.37 release.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your help, Tom.

I added five scripts, only a part of the offered ones.  Some were not
included because there were issues that the authors didn't fix yet -- in
some cases because I didn't contact them with enough time for this
release.  Anyway, there are quite good scripts there and sometime after
2.37 they should be added to the bundle or to an extra package.

All of the included ones have some documentation and I've tried to test
what I could, but also edited a little here and there (adding docs or
error pupmenus were there were only prints, for example).  I will keep
testing during this week, help welcomed as always.

I know they, like others already bundled, could use some tweaking in
their interfaces and we inform script writers and help as we can, so
expect bundled scripts and their documentation to keep improving,
specially with feedback.

After 2.37 we should take a next step in organizing this, with an
installer for downloaded scripts, better documentation (thinking about
using docbook templates so that we could build a "Scripts Manual" book
as companion for the Blender Manual), stricter guidelines and a well
defined path to get a script included.  Gotta do this last step
carefully, it's not uncommon for script coders to lose interest after
"finishing" and offering their creations.

So you can find them: most new scripts are in Scripts win -> Scripts
menu -> Animation; Campbell's console is in Scripts menu -> System;
Bart's X3D in File -> Export, of course.

--
Willian