[Bf-committers] Blender unified shading language/Renderman export: 2.38?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri May 13 18:53:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

For this I'm not sure we should go the exporter route... realtime
shading has most benefit when it's an integrated part of the GUI.

In order to have blender work with it, and not breaking compatibility,
we need to do careful coding here though. A while ago I proposed to
develop a "OpenGL Profile" layer between Blender & ogl calls... that
could probably also be used for optional support of realtime shading.

Not that I'll work on that in the short term...

-Ton-