Linux development environment. Was: Re: [Bf-committers] bFTGL on MSVC, using scons.

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:58:31 CEST 2005

Hi Gabriel,

I used to (try and) use MSVC 7 and scons, but had numerous issues. I
logged a couple of tracker  items (with patches) and posted on the ML.
The real problem is that I think there is no official maintainer of
that build configuration or if there is that person is not listening
;)

<offtopic>Anyway, I've been away for a while but when I got back I
decided to move to the much saner world of Linux development. I'm
using Ubuntu with the Eclipse CDT for development (well really just
playing with the source at this stage ;) and it is working pretty
well. If anyone is interested in some notes on development on Linux
with CDT I would be happy to compile something. Eclipse indexes the
sources and generates C/C++ source outline browsing which is nice. It
also plays nice with GDB so debuggin is pretty powerful.</offtopic>

Cheers,
Jacques