[Bf-committers] Meeting Summary May 8th 2005

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Thu May 12 15:25:44 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 12:15:55PM +0000, Gabriel Beloin wrote:
> No one ever complained about dependancy (to my knowledge) with my builds. I'm using gentoo, up to date.
> ie. It use glibc 2.3.5.
> In a way, it's a bit on the user part to keep a up to date system. Though some distro have different level of up-to-date. I find gentoo to be the middle.
> Just a though

Keeping your home box up to date is one thing.  A production environment
is another completely.  Do not underestimate the reluctance of
a sysadmin to change a production system.  Sometimes it is impossible
due to the requirements of another application.

On Linux, the biggest issue we face is glibc versions.
Python versions is the second.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net