[Bf-committers] Re: listener object

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu May 12 14:58:06 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,
By the sounds of it you have the skill and determination to do this
properly-

But with the new animation code, your could use an on frame change
script link.

Its realy easy- :)

-Animate on a single frame if you like.
-Turn the frame rate down- 1frame a sec or whatever. and select sync in
the Scene>>Anim Playback window.
-Now add a scriptlink to on frame changed- this can check for files or -
use pythons networking module - whatever you like :). But you could
print some text to start off with.
- Press play in the timeline window... Viola. you can interact with your
scene and have code running on interval.
... Code will even run if blenders not active.
... Code will not run while dragging, Gkey etc- but thats okay.
... Tooltips done display for some resion? dot a big deal.

- Cam