[Bf-committers] Compliments :)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu May 12 11:15:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

We (luckily) don't suffer from an aggressive Marketing & Sales
deparment. Nevertheless, it remains important to communicate to the
outside world Blender really is doing great, being used by
professionals, for serious projects, and attracts more and more users
each day.

I've already asked Angela (who'll organize the next blender conference
too) to extract the website statistics and write some more PR &
marketing oriented contributions for the website to reflect better the
information we receive.

Below 2 mails I recently got in from users who now are ex-3DS artists
now. :)

Thanks,

-Ton-

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "DtB" <xxxxx.co.uk>
> Date: 29 April, 2005 22:20:00 GMT+02:00
> To: <foundation at blender.org>
> Subject: To whom it may concern.
>
> To whom it may concern;
>
> My name is Duane and im a recent 3D Animation graduate from the UK.
> Having only used Blender briefly since leaving university I can only
> look back in despair having spent 4 years of my life learning 3d max
> and Maya.  All the time knowing that the moment University ended so
> would any chance of me using one of those very expensive
> applications.
>
> Having now used blender for a short time i am thinking that such a
> great program is going largley unknown in the UK.  I was hoping to
> change this by creating books and dvd tutorials for students and make
> them available through the internet.
>
> I was wondering about what legal restrictions there are regarding
> making and distributing Blender tutorials books (self made) and DVD's
> (self made)?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Duane

Begin forwarded message: