[Bf-committers] Meeting Summary May 8th 2005

Vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Thu May 12 05:42:12 CEST 2005

Stupid newbie q.: what's the logic behind using chroot in the first place?
Last time I used that, about a year or two ago I believe, was for
building a LiveCD.
So chroot was a must for that job.
But you don't *really* need that to build blender, so why not use *any*
distro with clearly
defined dependencies (ok, on some conservative Debian maybe, to keep
update-challenged
users (like myself) happy)? Just wondering...
-vio