[Bf-committers] Re: listener object

Martin DeMello martindemello at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:13:00 CEST 2005

On 5/11/05, Toni Alatalo <antont at kyperjokki.fi> wrote:

> did something come out of this already, what did Martin&co choose to do?
> .. oh just noticed that he's posting follow-ups to bf-python, i'll be
> looking there and wont post more here anymore either.

One final message to this list (though I'll happily keep crossposting
here if people here are interested) - I'm currently playing with
adding a TCP server to Blender, having a select() call in the main
loop (I'll worry about win32 portability once I have this working) and
triggering a script when the socket gets any data. Once the basic
proof of concept is working I'll get it playing nicely with the main
event queue and have a mechanism where the server listens on several
independent ports, with different scriptlinks for each port.

martin