[Bf-committers] Blender, Pocketpc, Ghost and GLUT

Salvatore Russo salvatore.russo at laposte.net
Tue May 10 17:07:19 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am working (too slowly :=(  )on porting blender on Pocketpc... I begin to work on porting Ghost for Pocketpc
 but because of time, I couldn’t really continue
 but I intend to do it :=)
This little pause let me thing about several things!

I go on internet and found a port of Glut for Pocketpc (http://iparla.labri.fr/softwares/glutes/).
And I brows the 2.03 source code

Maybe it will be a better idea to port Blender 2.03 for the following reasons:
1)	It is using GLUT already ported :=)
2)	Written only in C
3)	Old UI
 2.3 UI will be probably too heavy
4)	Easiest code
 smaller EXE better for a pocketpc

5)	It is ever better to begin with a baby Blender!

On other advantage is that I will be able to use the environment Pelles C (http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/) that can compile for Win32 and for Pocketpc together!

What do you thing? I know that some modifications were done on GLUT to make it work for Blender. Which are there? Are there a lot? Am I facing here so big difficulties that I am only moving the problem from “porting Ghost to porting Glut”?

Thanks for your help and sorry for being so slow in my work!
Salvatore