[Bf-committers] Re: Meeting minutes May 1 + todo for release

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun May 8 16:41:56 CEST 2005

Hi,
ton at blender.org (2005-05-06 at 1459.36 +0200):
> We also need an excellent doc + tuto on this. Once you get the picture
> (mental model :) it's not too bad. Crucial to understand I think is 2
> issues;

I went that path a bit, and my conclusions is that better button names
and tooltips would speed up the learning.

> - Goal Springs
>    Which provides "stifness" and "damping" towards original vertex
> positions.
>    Works with vertex weights.

Maybe name it "To Goal Springs"? At first I was thinking goal had some
kind of internal springs... then after asking Jens, I got that it is
current shape to goal shape springs.

> - Edge Springs
>    Which provides same for keeping original edge lengths.
>
> The global "Friction" (in media) is also what currently the "Wind"
> force works with.
> The global "RKL" is the hardest to grasp... it's derived from a builtin
> error detecting algorithm which tries to give quality results.

Which could be named ErrorMargin and a tooltip that says Runge Kuta
Solving Limit: the higher the faster but less precisse solution.

And once you grasp the idea, you can even paint a quick
representation, with ghost shape (goal), solid shape (thing) and some
springs to show each kind.

GSR