[Bf-committers] Game Engine patch

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Sat May 7 13:25:49 CEST 2005

1. Don't use two sided lighting, it's supposed to have a performance hit, and
the "Two Sided" face mode should be used to enable it.
2. RAS_IRasterizer::SetAlphaTest should be based on glAlphaFunc.  Currently it
sets the reference value based on a hard coded constant.
3. The Python docs (gameengine/PyDoc) need to be updated for all Python
functions you added.
4. The view port would really be better as a property of a camera I think -
Remove the enable/disable viewport, and always use a camera's viewport.  Set
the viewport when the camera is created to the canvas width and height.

Kester

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 13:16, Sebastian De La Torre wrote:
> Could someone please take a look at this attached
> patch of for the game engine? I would really
> appreciate it!
>
> Camera viewports.(You can enable & set through a
> python script.)
>
> Ambient lighting.(World setting + script.)
>
> Alpha testing.(Opaque faces with ztransp as to not
> mess with add & normal alpha, it's fitting.)
>
> Two-sided lighting.

Without life, Biology itself would be impossible.