[Bf-committers] Re: new timeline window

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat May 7 12:14:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

> would it be posible to have the functionality from teh audio window
> 'ported' to the new timeline window. im talking bout the RMB which
> lets you switch between seconds and frames, it would be great to have
> that in the new timeline window, as well as the ipo window, wether its
> as a RMB or in a menu.

Matt made this a new hotkey "T" (more appropriate than RMB). It's also
in the Pulldown for "view".

The Ipo, Audio, Action, NLA and Sequence windows could use similar
functionality yes. Which might give a new issue, the 'frame button'
which then doesn't show time either... or the 'start' and 'end' frame
buttons. :)

> another thing that would be 'cool' is if the ipo markers had different
> colours depending on what sort of ipo type they are, say one colour
> for Position, one for rotation, size etc. such as the way they are
> coloured in the ipo window. dont know if that would be to distracting
> though.....

Typically the keys are a combination of all of these values... if we
want to add more visual information in the TimeLine, we might better
choose higher level visualization, for example on Material Ipos,
RVKs... but then we get into the realms of the NLA Window and an
animation system refactor...

-Ton-