[Bf-committers] epilogue: commandline nightmare

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 31 21:24:23 CEST 2005

OK, I've decided to abandon this commandline flag business
since I've found a pre-existing way to communicate with
python from the commandline: environment variables.

As an example, suppose you have a script called boo.py
with the contents:
###
import os
print os.getenv("hey")
###

Then choose your favorite blend file, and run
(using current cvs):

hey=foo blender -P boo.py -b favorite.blend

Then the output to stdout will be 'foo'.
(Note to Willian: -P needs full path to script or fails).

This, of course, leads to perverse nonsense such as this:

http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/monkeythink/index.php

Chris