[Bf-committers] Re: Re: commandline nightmare

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Mar 30 21:36:49 CEST 2005

Hi,
ton at blender.org (2005-03-30 at 2121.01 +0200):
> Hi,
>
> Once in "-b" mode, background rendering without UI, the commandline
> options are exectuted sequentially. To render frame 1, 11, 21, 31-40
> you can type:
>
> blender -b <file.blend> -f 1 -f 11 -f 21 -s 31 -e 40 -a
>
> The -S switch changes active scene. And so on!

So same than a script like:

blender -b <file.blend> -f 1
blender -b <file.blend> -f 11
blender -b <file.blend> -f 21
blender -b <file.blend> -s 31 -e 40 -a

Where is the adventage, other than a bit less typing (and no so much,
I "typed" rather fast with copy and paste)? In some cases it could be
more (render one frame every N is less typing using a loop than typing
all the frames).

GSR